North Carolina Lake Management Society (NCLMS)
Our Purpose and Objectives
- Our purpose is to promote the understanding, protection and comprehensive management of lakes, reservoirs and their watershed systems in North Carolina.
- Our objective is to provide a forum for exchanging information and experience on the technical, administrative, recreational and financial aspects of lake, reservoir and watershed management.
- Foster cooperation and interaction of the public and private individuals, agencies, organizations and units of government involved with lake reservoir and watershed management.
- Assist in the development of local lake and reservoir protection programs consistent with appropriate management strategies and techniques.
- We schedule workshops in the Spring and Fall and are open to everyone. You can see when the next one is scheduled in our “Blog”.
Everyone is invited! • Men and women concerned about keeping the water clean in our lakes and streams so fish and other game can thrive.
Click on the “Join Us” and fill out an application today!
Our NCLMS Board
The Society is managed by a membership-approved Board of Directors consisting of a President, President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, and two Members-at-Large. Members participate in one or more standing committees, which make recommendations to the Board.
Current Board Members:
- President – Linda Ehrlich, Spirogyra Diversified Environmental
- President Elect – Johnny Foster
- Past President – Doug Jewell, Jewell Engineering
- Secretary – David Caldwell, Mecklenburg County Stormwater
- Treasurer – Danielle Mir, City of Durham
- Members at Large
Mark Vander Borgh, NC Division of Water Resources
Keith Finley, Duke Energy and Maverick Raber
All officers can be reached by using: NCLMS Email